The holiday season is upon us! Food, gifts, and family: we’ve got it all to look forward to, but first comes the hard work. Planning the festive period can be tricky, especially when other people are involved, which is why we’re here to offer a helping hand. So grab your phone, load up CloudTasks, and try our top productivity tips this holiday season – jolliness guaranteed!
The best wish list? This one.
It’s a time of giving, so keeping track of gifts is essential. As the list grows and you shop in different places, you need a list that’s smart, one that can keep track of all the small details. Best turn to CloudTasks – here’s how.
1. Create a new list in CloudTasks called “Christmas Wish List”.
2. Start adding gifts manually, or do it as you browse (see next point).
3. Once you've found a great gift with Chrome, tap on the three dots at the top.
4. Tap ‘Share’, and then ‘CloudTasks’.
5. Add any other info, such as a due date.
6. That’s it! The URL will be saved along with the task, so you can always head back to the best store or the best price.
Bonus tip: Assign stars to the most important or time-critical gifts so they’re always top of mind!
Recipes at the ready.
Everyone looks forward to food during the holidays. When it comes to the main meal, it's important that you remember all of the ingredients, remind yourself of when to start preparing, and have the step-by-step recipe instructions to hand.
1. First, why not decide what to serve? Create a “Dish Ideas” list and collect your favorites. If you’re searching Pinterest, for example, you can even attach a photo of the dish to the task so you remember how delicious it looks – just add an attachment.
2. Decided on the menu? Great, now create a shopping list and hit the store. Prioritize the most important items so you get those before they’re sold out – we’re thinking Turkey!
3. Timing is crucial. Create a “Prep” task and give it a due date and time. This will ensure that, no matter how much fun you’re having with the family, you won’t forget to peel the potatoes.
4. Now to the cooking! Set up a task with a reminder and add a note containing the entire recipe – this will save you time!
Bonus tip: Forget something? No need to worry. Invite a friend to CloudTasks and assign them a task in a tap. Whether it’s picking up cookie dough mix or an extra bottle of wine, CloudTasks has got things covered.
Time to party.
The New Year is a time to reflect on accomplishments and embrace ambitions – oh, and party! Organization is the backbone of any great event, and CloudTasks has a whole suite of features that makes the process effortless. For those throwing a party outside of the home, here’s what you need to do.
1. Create a “Venues” list to collect the best spots. Do any have a brochure or price list to download? If so, attach the documents to the task – these will come in handy when you need to make a decision later.
2. Most of the venues will need to be booked well in advance, so set a due date and time for each task to remind you to contact your chosen one.
3. Who’s invited? Create a list of your closest friends and family, and attach a note to each task with their personal details inside. This will make it easy to invite them nearer the time.
4. Let people know what to bring! Drinks, food, fancy dress – it can’t be forgotten. Create a list of the essentials and assign your friends and family to pick them up. They’ll thank you later.
Bonus tip: If you’re on the go a lot, you can use the Voice Input feature to capture all of your to-dos – even with your hands full!
There’s much more to do around the holidays, but we hope these tips will get you off to a good start. To help you carve out the time and get everything done, why not download CloudCal and integrate your to-dos? It’s the best way to get an overview of your availability and forecast what needs to get done – and when!
P.S – Don’t forget to share that wish list with Santa!